September 24 - 27, 2018 Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas
The brightest minds, biggest brands and most provocative voices explore and debate the essential themes shaping the Tours, Activities & Attractions industry. What should you expect? No sales pitches. No PR. Just the essential trends and perspectives that matter most to your business:
- Exclusive research on what travelers want in-destination
- The innovations in tours, activities and attractions shaping the guest experience of tomorrow
- Insights on what’s next for the OTAs, Google, Airbnb, TripAdvisor and more
- Perspectives that matter from tour, activity and attraction operators
- Inspiring stories from innovative suppliers from around the world
Theater Session I: Online Travel Agencies – Ask Me Anything
Like it or not, online travel agencies (OTAs) are playing a growing role in our industry. What are their future plans? What will it mean for your business? Hear from leaders of two of the biggest online sellers of tours, activities and attractions. We – and you – get to ask them the tough questions.
Providers small and large of tours, activities and attractions take the stage in a roundtable to have their say on the OTAs.
- Stephen Oddo, CEO and Co-founder, Take Walks
More panelists to be announced
Moderator: Alex Kremer, Co-founder, Arival
Theater Session II: It’s a Big, Big World Out There
Our industry is the Best Part of Travel – and it’s also one of the largest. There are so many ways to reach new customers. Learn about five major segments of travel and tourism and how you can connect to grow your business.
- Tao Tao, Co-founder and COO, GetYourGuide, speaks to Project Incredible and what a brand means in online tours and activities
- Eric Gnock Fah, President and COO, Klook, tells us how to capture Asian travelers
- Stephanie Baker, CMO, Entertainment Benefits Group, share the secrets to selling tickets and activities through corporate employee benefits programs
- Dan Christian, CTO, The Travel Corporation, provides insights on the often overlooked but all important tour operator and travel agency distribution channel
- Ted Stimpson, CEO, The Leisure Pass Group, explains the rise and potential of the multi-attraction pass as an in-destination revenue-generator
Theater Session III: Locals, Pros, Stories & Futures
Connecting with locals, creating authentic experiences… is this the hot new thing or just marketing spin? This Arival Theater session features big debates, compelling stories of successful experience businesses, and a look to the future of our sector by one of travel’s earliest – and most adventurous – visionaries.
The Big Debate: Like a Local? Or with a Pro?
A leading global tour operator and innovative startups debate the future of professional touring vs. traveling with locals and discuss what travelers really want.
- Matthis Keij, CEO, Withlocals
- Brad Weber, CEO, Gray Line Worldwide
- Nick Whitfield, CEO, City Unscripted
- Riccardo Ulivi, Head of Experiences, North America, Airbnb
Moderated by Bruce Rosard, Co-founder and COO, Arival
Our Future: Reading the Tours, Activities & Attractions Tea Leaves
This venture investor, former CEO of Expedia and one-time CEO of adventure touring company Butterfield & Robinson shares his take on the future of our amazing marketplace.
Theater Session IV: Connecting with the Customer
There’s nothing sweeter than having customers come directly to you and connect with your brand. This essential Arival Theater session is about you, your brand, learning from customer feedback, and how to connect with customers directly.
Arival Talk: Using Humor to Sell Stuff
Humor can be a powerful tool to help you cut through the clutter, connect with your customer and ultimately sell products and services. Creative brand marketing guru DJ O’Neil will speak to why humor works and cover basic tenets and techniques to think about when you employ humor in marketing and customer communications.
What the Heck Are We (and How Do We Brand)?
In a market as fragmented as Tours, Activities & Attractions, do brands matter? How can companies small and large extend their brand to new destinations and services? This roundtable assembles key voices from our industry who are doing just that.
- Evan Frank, CEO, Context Travel
- DJ O’Neill, Founder and Creative Director, Hub Strategy & Communication
- Stacy Shuster, Director of Marketing and Sales, Ripley’s Believe It or Not
- Enrique Ybarra, Founder, President & CEO, City Sightseeing Worldwide
Arival Talk: How’s Your Rep?
Online reputation management is more important than ever. Yelp’s brand evangelist John Carroll delivers an essential and insightful guide to managing customer reviews and keeping your online rep tip top.
Big Voice: Weathering the Storm – Staying Strong When Your Reputation is Under Attack
Hear how one of the our industry’s biggest brands picks up and moves forward amid one of the toughest PR challenges imaginable.
Theater Session V: Big Trends, Big Voices, Big Bookings
Arival’s closing Theater session is Bigger and Better featuring exclusive new traveler research and insights from some of our industry’s biggest and most innovative voices.
What Your Customers Want
Arival Insights presents new, exclusive research on what travelers want, how they choose and book, and how you can increase your slice of the pie.
Big Voice: The Price of Entry
One of the busiest, donation-only museums had to make the tough call to implement a visitor fee. How they executed the change – and maintained a positive customer experience – was a work of art.
Arival Talk: Unforgettable: The Tours that Get Remembered
Be a Better Guide founder and tour guide whisperer Kelsey Tonner tells us how to connect with guests and create experiences that will stay with your customers forever.
Arival Talk: Do You Know Your DMO?
Do you work with your local destination marketing organization (DMO)? Are you getting everything you should from them. This talk takes you through the essentials every tour, activity should know to get the most from their DMO.
Claire Carlin, Vice President, Partnerships & Alliances, Destination D.C.
Ask Me Anything – Booking Experiences
The world’s biggest accommodation site has set its sights on our sector. We discuss their plans with their new VP of Experiences.
Get on the List!
Sign up to receive insights tailored for the in-destination industry as well as updates on Arival.