Job Title: Writer/Editor/Creator
Arival, a young B2B events and insights firm serving the Tours, Activities & Attractions sector of global travel and tourism, seeks an amazing creative writer and editor with an analytical mind and an eye for design.
Arival produces events and content to serve the business development needs of creators and sellers of Tours, Activities & Attractions. We are seeking a creative writer and editor with management abilities and strategic thinking to help build our content. You can read more about us here.
What does this job entail?
- Working directly with the CEO to develop content strategy and planning
- Design and manage editorial projects within budget
- Hire and manage editorial and design staff to see projects through to completion
- Actively write and edit a range of content, from long-form analytical research to short articles, as well as copywriting for various marketing activities
- Conduct industry interviews and build source relationships throughout our industry sector
- Oversee and conduct research including quantitative methods (surveys, data analytics, interviews, etc.)
- Present Arival Insights and content at industry forums
- Create video content
What are we looking for (a.k.a. skills and experience)
- Excellent written skills with a proven journalism or research track record
- Knack for punchy prose and copywriting
- Experience managing staff and projects
- Willingness to hustle and do whatever it takes to get stuff done, but…
- Must have an unflappable moral compass, be honest and trustworthy, and treat everyone with respect
- A bachelor’s degree plus 4-5 years work experience is preferred
- Some experience with quantitative analysis preferred
- Travel industry experience is a must
- Willingness to experiment and try new things and adapt in a fast-changing startup environment is an absolute must
What else you should know:
Arival was founded in 2016. We are a startup, growing the company thoughtfully and profitably. We are based in Boulder, CO., and Atlanta, GA. We prefer someone in either location but will consider virtual for the right candidate. There will be some travel, including international.
We are building a great company serving the Best Part of Travel, based on transparency, integrity, inclusiveness, and fun. We are a small but passionate team. No politics, no comfort zones. No 401K either (yet). But great people, a ton of fun, fair compensation commensurate with experience, and opportunity to join something early and help build.
Interested? Send a cover letter, resume and examples of your writing to [email protected]
Arival is an equal opportunity employer. And we don’t just say it. We believe in it.