Arival has grown from one event per year in 2018 to four events in 2020. We are looking for a full-time conference registration manager to join our team. The Registration Manager reports to the Head of Operations and oversees all aspects of registration and credentialing for Arival’s events. This role focuses on the registration process management, day-to-day registration operations, and on-site execution. He/she is responsible for project managing Arival’s registration platform, event app and on-site registration logistics. Arival is seeking someone who has experience in event registration management or similar, is skilled in using a variety of software platforms, learns new systems quickly, is extremely detail oriented, flexible and nimble, and has an analytical nature. Most importantly, this person must have a passion for excellent customer service, be comfortable working from home with a dispersed but well-connected team, and in a fast-paced start up environment. This is a home-based position. Bilingual Spanish a bonus.
Responsibilities include 5 key areas:
- Registration platform project management:
- This role will manage event tech solutions and related activities, including: registration, data, payment and content management, reporting & analytics, onsite registration, scanning solutions, access controls
- Day-to-Day registration operations, including but not limited to:
- Manage conference registration sales efforts, including answering calls, emails and chats regarding all events, routing contacts appropriately
- Track and report KPI’s for all events
- Maintain all registration solutions’ data integrity
- Pre-event Registration Preparation
- Oversee all logistics of registration including the planning of the build, staffing, and signage for each registration location
- Work with the Project Manager to procure onsite temp staff for conference registration and manage temp staff when onsite
- Manage the production of name tags and registration documents needed onsite, prior to each conference
- Management of on-site registration
- Post-event followup
What are we looking for (a.k.a. skills and experience)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in event registration management with experience across a variety of web/app based platforms and in managing on-site teams
- Strong understanding of event operations and logistics
- Travel industry experience is preferred
- Displays strong critical thinking, organizational, and analytical capabilities
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fantastic concierge level customer service
- Mathematical skills applied to ticket sales, revenue, debits, credit, and reconciliation
- A good problem solver who can deal with a variety of scenarios with many variables
- Quick learner who can retain a lot of information and apply it to their day to day
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload on multiple projects & events simultaneously while remaining deadline oriented
- Willingness to hustle and do whatever it takes to get stuff done, but…
- Must subscribe to our mission and core values
- Willingness to experiment and try new things and adapt in a fast-changing startup environment is an absolute must
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally
What else you should know:
- Arival was founded in 2017. We are a startup, growing the company thoughtfully and profitably. We are based in Boulder, CO, and Atlanta, GA. We prefer someone in Boulder, CO for this role, but will consider virtual for the right candidate. There will be travel, including international.
- We are building a great company serving the Best Part of Travel, based on transparency, integrity, inclusiveness and fun. We are a small but passionate team. No politics, no comfort zones. Great people, a ton of fun, fair compensation commensurate with experience, and opportunity to join something early and help build the world’s most engaged and important brand for the in-destination industry.
- Interested? Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
- Arival is an equal opportunity employer. And we don’t just say it. We believe it. Read about our mission and values here.
- Please note: Due to the volume of resumes we are receiving for this position, we will only be able to reply to our top candidates.