Director of Insights
Arival, B2B events and insights firm serving the experiences sector (tours, activities, attractions and events) of global travel and tourism, seeks a director of insights to help drive our growing research and insights business.
Arival produces conferences and content to serve the business development needs of creators and sellers of tours, activities, attractions, events and experiences. We are seeking a senior analyst and researcher with management abilities, strategic thinking, business development ambition and outstanding communication and presentation skills.
There are four main components to the director of insights position:
1. Arival Insights Strategy and Planning
- Work directly with the CEO and other key team members to develop research content strategy and planning to support the overarching business strategy
- Develop research products, including content creation, product ideas and monetization strategies
- Build Arival’s content distribution and partnerships
2. Business Development and Account Management for Arival Insights
- Work closely with Arival COO and business development director to identify potential clients and grow and manage the research sales funnel.
- Be integrally involved in the sales process for research products. You will have a sales goal with commission structure as part of your compensation.
- Support sales team in selling insights and research projects.
- Work closely with insights clients to achieve project objectives, deliver excellent client service and grow client retention
- Provide support for marketing of Arival Insights.
3. Research Execution
- Work directly with the head of operations and the senior research analyst on overarching data strategy
- Design, manage and conduct research projects within budget
- Oversee and conduct research including quantitative and qualitative methods (surveys, data analytics, interviews, etc.)
- Hire and manage vendors and staff to see projects through to completion
- Actively write and edit a range of insights, from long-form analytical research, short insights articles
- Deliver presentations to clients
4. Event Programming, Insights Delivery & Public Speaking
- Become a key “face of Arival”
- Present Arival Insights and content at Arival events
- Present insights at client events, webinars, and other industry forums
- Play an active role in programming Arival events, including program development, speaker acquisition, and working closely with speakers to ensure great sessions
What are we looking for (a.k.a. skills and experience)
- Excellent written skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience presenting to large audiences of senior industry executives
- Analytical rigor with proven research experience in quantitative analysis such as surveying and other forms of data (experience with SPSS or similar preferred)
- Ability to work within complex data sets and concepts to develop clear, easy-to-understand insights for a generalist audience
- An uncanny knack for storytelling
- Experience managing staff and projects
- Sales and account management experience and expertise
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years experience in B2B research, travel and tourism
- Travel industry experience is a must
- Willingness to hustle and do whatever it takes to get stuff done, but…
- Must subscribe to our mission and core values
- Willingness to experiment and try new things and adapt in a fast-changing startup environment is an absolute must
What else you should know:
Arival was founded in 2017. We are a startup, growing the company thoughtfully and profitably. We are based in Boulder, CO., and Atlanta, GA. We prefer someone in either location, but will consider virtual for the right candidate. There will be travel, including international.
We are building a great company serving the Best Part of Travel, based on transparency, integrity, inclusiveness and fun. We are a small but passionate team. No politics, no comfort zones. Great people, a ton of fun, fair compensation commensurate with experience, and opportunity to join something early and help build the world’s most engaged and important brand for the in-destination industry.
Interested? Send a cover letter, resume and and examples of your writing to [email protected]
Arival is an equal opportunity employer. And we don’t just say it. We believe it. Read about our mission and values here.
Please note: Due to the volume of resumes we are receiving for this position, we will only be able to reply to our top candidates.